Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bill Dixon and Exploding Star Orchestra


 Bill Dixon with Rob Mazurek's Exploding Star Orchestra
Ars Nova Workshop
Philadelphia, PA

I am excited to share the news that I will join Rob Mazurek's Exploding Star Orchestra for a special performance with Bill Dixon in Philadelphia.  Rob has been trying for some time to fold me into this ongoing project.  This concert will also bring me back to Philadelphia, were I lived and worked in the mid- seventies, for the first time in thirty years.

This is a wonderful ensemble that fits Bill's sensibilities like a glove.  We will rehearse and perform on Saturday December 5, as a part of an ongoing concert series at Ars Nova Workshop entitled Anti Jazz: The New Thing Revisited.

Image of Bill Dixon, Rob Mazurek & me by Nick Ruechel




2 comments:

parallelliott said...

I finally picked up Tapestries For Small Orchestra. WOW. Fantastic.

Stephen Haynes said...

It is the shit, n'est-ce pas? I thoroughly enjoyed working with you again this week, Elliott. Let this be a new beginning.