Sunday, May 13, 2012

Victoriaville Return: Recalling Bill Dixon


Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville
Victoriaville, Quebec, Canada
Festival des Musiques de Creation du Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean
Sagueney, Quebec, Canada

Later this week, I will return to the Festival International de Musique Actuelle de Victoriaville.  I will make the long drive north, following the same path we took two years ago with Bill Dixon.  So many memories are wrapped up in this trip, and I welcome the opportunity for the particular sort of meditation that a long drive alone affords.

I will be joining Michel Cote and his Maikotron Unit for two performances.  I first met Michel through Bill Dixon, when Michel joined us at the 2007 Vision Festival for the performance that became 17 Musicians in Search of a Sound: Darfur.



Images of Bill Dixon at FIMAV 2010 by Stephen Haynes

No comments: