Monday, January 21, 2013

Maïkotron Unit and Stephen Haynes


Maïkotron Unit and Stephen Haynes
Festival de Jazz de Québec
Largo
Québec City, Québec

This past October, I was invited to return to Québec to perform in the 2012 Festival de Jazz de Québec.  My friends Michel and Isabelle Côté laid a path of hospitality and love for me and my stay in Québec City was a real delight.  Isabelle hosted many late night gatherings, replete with gourmet cheese plates and bowls of Italian olives.  The conversations with fellow musicians were far-ranging and animated, fueled by wonderful French red wine.

We encamped at Largo, a wonderful club in the Old City.  This was the second time last year that I made music with Michel and the wonderful
Maïkotron Unit.  The audience was welcoming and attentive, and I made some new friends that night.  The music was full of fire and nuance, and I hope we have the opportunity to share some of it with you.

Sojourns like this remind me about what matters most in music - friendship and relationships - and how very fortunate I am to be alive. 


Images of Maïkotron Unit and Stephen Haynes by Renaud Phillipe

No comments: